Re: NotebookPrint versus File->Print

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20039] Re: NotebookPrint versus File->Print
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:46:05 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7shnue$1jo at smc.vnet.net>, Henrik Weimer <henrik at rice.edu> writes:

>I have a very curious printing problem. Cells of one particular style
>print differently when I use the menu option "File->Print..." as
>compared to running a NotebookPrint[].
>
>The cell style is called "Itemize" which is pretty much a straight
>derivation from the "Text" style in the system stylesheet Default.nb.
>The only difference are a wider left margin and a cell dingbat (a small
>filled circle). For reference, the style defs are enclosed at then end
>of this message.
>
>Printed with NotebookPrint[] those cells print just an inch or so wide.
>Printed from the menu "File->Print..." the cells span the full page
>width, as I would like. Anybody knows what could be causing this
>difference? Even better, how to fix this so I can print automatically?
>
>Thanks alot!!!

I cannot reproduce this problem with a Mathematica 4 front end for
Linux.  I would encourage you to send a copy of a notebook and
style sheet that can be used to demonstrate this effect to Wolfram
Research Technical Support <support at wolfram.com>.  It would also
be nice if you could include with your correspondence a transcript
of the syntax you used to invoke NotebookPrint[], the version of
Mathematica you are using as returned by evaluating

LinkWrite[$ParentLink, FrontEnd`Value["$FullVersion"]];
LinkRead[$ParentLink]

and a copy of the PostScript file your front end generates.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.