V4.0 on NT4.0/SP3 does not update the Start/Documents List

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20074] V4.0 on NT4.0/SP3 does not update the Start/Documents List
  • From: dkeith at sarif.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 03:33:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Shortly after installing mathematica 4.0 on NT4.0/SP3, I noticed that
Mathematica would not update the NT Start/Documents list with the
recently accessed notebook filename on my system at home. It did work
on my system at work. I believe at various times it has worked and not
worked -- and in fact it no longer works on my system at work. (I
installed and operate with admin privileges and other applications do
this fine.)

I turned this in at the time to Wolfram tech support and they could not
reproduce the behavior. I inquired about it again a few days ago to see
if they have learned anything further and was told that no one there
has seen this behavior and no other users have reported it.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.