Mathematica 4.0.1 Front End crashes my Mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20080] Mathematica 4.0.1 Front End crashes my Mac
  • From: Andrew Cunningham <andrewc at vasci.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 03:33:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm running a stable OS 8.6 system. After starting and then quitting the
Front-End (4.0.1), my Mac will crash as soon as I click on any menu bar
( say, of the finder). MacsBug shows I am in _InitProcMenu. This is 100%
reproducible and I don't even have to do anything in the front end -
just start and quit. I then have to reboot my Mac. Interestingly every
app crashes during the reboot process. No other app causes problems like
this.
Has anyone else seen something similar?

Andrew Cunningham
Vibro-Acoustic Sciences