I have a problem!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22980] I have a problem!
  • From: giga99 at usa.net (Johanna Pirnes)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:44:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I can not figure out a solution to this problem.
What kind of surfaces presents this equation:

z=px^2/(a^2) + qy^2/(b^2)

when signs p and q gets values 1 and -1.

And how I can draw an example each of appearable type of surface. Is
it possible to draw an example with Mathematica?

I hope you understand my question, and I really hope, that someone
could answer to my question!! And the sooner the better...