Re: Help please!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22977] Re: [mg22903] Help please!
  • From: "Jordan Rosenthal" <jr at ece.gatech.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:44:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

This same problem happened to me a few days ago and it happened exactly as
Mark described it.  Frustrated, I wound up just retyping the notebook which
was only a few pages.  Anyway, I am just writing this message to say that
the problem was not something particular to Mark's machine and that I am
also interested in how this happens.

Side note:  I've seen a bunch of posts and even read a FAQ entry about
corrupted notebooks.  What causes this?  In most software, it would be a
grievous bug if the software causes its files to be corrupted every now and
then, yet with Mathematica it seems like something people just tolerate.  Is
there something about the way the Mathematica system works that makes it
prone to such problems?  Why is something that happens so often?

Thanks,

Jordan

news:8ck1hu$g7l at smc.vnet.net...