Keyboard shortcuts do not work

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23097] Keyboard shortcuts do not work
  • From: "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee at inka.de>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 00:37:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I removed the lines
    Item[KeyEvent[Left, Modifiers -> {Control},
        CellClass -> BoxFormData], "NudgeLeft"],
    Item[KeyEvent[Right, Modifiers -> {Control},
        CellClass -> BoxFormData], "NudgeRight"],
from my personal keyboard configuration file for Mathematica 4
under LINUX. Then I replaced
    Item[KeyEvent[Right, Modifiers -> {Option}], "MoveNextWord"],
    Item[KeyEvent[Left, Modifiers -> {Option}], "MovePreviousWord"],
with
    Item[KeyEvent[Right, Modifiers->{Control}], "MoveNextWord"],
    Item[KeyEvent[Left, Modifiers->{Control}], "MovePreviousWord"],
However when I press these keys (for example in a text cell) the
cursor only flickers a little bit and nothing happens. Using the
option "-pureKeys", running X without a window manager (which might
intercept these keyboard events) or even removing the global
keyboard configuration file does not help.

Am I doing something wrong (I successfully created several other key
combinations in the same way) or is this a bug in Mathematica?

TIA,

Felix