Plato's Academy of Mathematica: Soapbox warning!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23121] Plato's Academy of Mathematica: Soapbox warning!
  • From: Wagner Truppel <wtruppel at ics.uci.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 02:30:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • 1message-id: <p0431010db521cae9dce7@128.195.182.33>
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Steve,

rather than present my views on why Mathematica is or is not
intuitive, or powerful, or frustrating, or (choose your favorite
Mathematica quality here), let me take the pragmatic approach to
point you to one book which has been extremely useful to me in my
path to learning Mathematica: David Wagner's "Power Programming with
Mathematica: The Kernel". Once I landed my eyes on that book my
understanding of things such as manipulating lists grew considerably.

Wagner
(no, not David)