Remote kernel with ssh

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23149] Remote kernel with ssh
  • From: Shane Frasier <jsf9k at virginia.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 03:21:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
    I am running mathematica on a Win95 system, and I would like to be able
to access the kernel on a local linux machine while using the front end on
my computer. Unfortunately the linux machine only accepts ssh, and I can't
seem to get it to work. I have changed the "Shell command to launch kernel"

c:\ssh\ssh.exe  -q  -l username hostname 'math -mathlink -LinkMode
Connect -LinkName

but nothing happens. It doesn't even prompt me for a password. I have
checked that ssh works from the command line.
    Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks,
Shane Frasier
jsf9k at virginia.edu