Re: Help, my MathLink Examples segfault.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23201] Re: Help, my MathLink Examples segfault.
  • From: Jim Radford <radford at robotics.caltech.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:12:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

raholcom at unity.ncsu.edu (Richard Allan Holcombe) writes:

> I would like to use mathlink.  I downloaded the DeveloperKit, and
> the makefile successfully compiled the example programs, but when I
> run the programs, they crash.  I am running mathematica 3.0 for
> students, on RedHat6.1 Linux I have the latest mathlink.h, mathML.a
> files, and the PrebuiltExamples work fine.

Note that Mathematica <= 4.0 is compiled with libc5 and Red Hat >= 5.x
uses glibc6.  I get crashes when mixing them.  You might want to try
my gcc-libc5 rpm available from

 ftp://robotics.caltech.edu/pub/radford/

It should not interfere with the normal operation of your system.
Almost everything it installs goes in /usr/i486-linux-libc5.

You then need to prefix the "mcc" command with

  CC="gcc-libc5 -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib"

-Jim