RE: Q: open palletes in a specific on screen position.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23229] RE: [mg23209] Q: open palletes in a specific on screen position.
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 01:40:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

> Greetings to you all,
>
> Perhaps someone can post an answer to this:
> Using Win95, when I open some palettes the are poping behind my open
> notebook.
> How can I make a specific palette open in a specific designate place on my
> screen? Note that moving the palette to the wanted place, closing it (or
> even just closing mathematica) and re-opening (or re-opening mathematica)
> moves the palette back to the original place.
> I spent much time with the object inspector but: (a) the Windows Margin
> options seems to be locked to Automatic, and (b) when I finally manage to
> change them (yes, I know about scooping only the specific palette as "show
> option for notebook") It doesn't seems to matter.
> What am I doing wrong? Can you give an exact recipe to manage that?
>
> Thank you in advanced.

Gozo,

Did you try selecting the palette, then using the Option Inspector? Use Show
option values for notebook. Go to Notebook options, Notebook properties and
set Editable to True. Then move the palette to your desired location and
save it. Palettes are usually not Editable and you have to make them
editable before you make a permanent change to their properties.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/