RE: Re: Plotting bounded domains

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23230] RE: [mg23211] Re: [mg23110] Plotting bounded domains
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 01:40:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Gurzen and everybody,

I made an earlier reply to this question where I assumed that the original
poster wanted a contour plot of the function. However, Bob Hanlon assumed a
Plot3D type solution. The DrawingCube package also allows that type of plot.
It plots only in the desired region and it does not produce a jagged edge
along one side as the Hanlon solution does. Here is the code:

Needs["Graphics`DrawingCube`"]

IteratorSubstitution[x y, {y, 0, x}]
{w*x^2, {w, 0, 1}}

Show[Graphics3D[
	{Draw3D[w x^2, {x, 0, 2}, {w, 0, 1}] /.
          DrawingTransform3D[Function[{x, w, z}, x], Function[{x, w, z}, x
w],
             Function[{x, w, z}, z]]}],

AspectRatio -> Automatic, PlotRange -> {{0, 2}, {0, 2}, {0, 4}}];

The Drawing packages can be downloaded from my web site below.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net