Help: 1.#QNAN ??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24719] Help: 1.#QNAN ??
  • From: "Phil" <zepar at lineone.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 02:31:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I apologise if this is slightly off-topic, but I imagine many people here
use Mathematica & C++ in computations. In a C++ program I have used 'double'
for all of my values in computations. My outputs are usually shown in the
form 5.324670 etc... but in some cases I get them in this form 1.#QNAN.
What on earth does this mean? It may be a problem as I want to write my
values to file to be read in by another application, and I don't suppose it
will understand what type of value 1.#QNAN is either.
Thanks In Advance.
Philip.