- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24787] Re: postscript
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:32:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 9 Aug 2000, Martin Richter wrote: > Has anyone succeeded in plotting graphics to a postscript file > Display["c:/data/test.ps", plot1] > > gives a ghostview error > > Loaded Ghostscript DLL C:\Aladdin\gs6.0\bin\gsdll32.dll > Aladdin Ghostscript 6.0 (2000-02-03) > Copyright (C) 2000 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA. All rights > reserved. > This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details. > Displaying non DSC file C:/data/tester1.ps > Unrecoverable error: undefined in MathPictureStart > > --- Begin offending input --- > > --- End offending input --- > file offset = 1024 > gsdll_execute_cont returns -21 Try adding the third argument "EPS" to your command. The two-argument form of Display generates abbreviated Mathematica PostScript which is not readily understood by standard PostScript interpreters. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.