Re: Problem with evaluation of delayed rules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21891] Re: Problem with evaluation of delayed rules
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:54:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Eckhard,

>Can I rely on the (undocumented) function RuleCondition to be available in
> future versions of Mathematica?

Of course and only Wolfram could say for sure, and some caution is
advisable.

The use of Condition with Block and With is mentioned in the Help Browser
but no indication of the working is given, so we might also ask whether the
features that are used in the posting are permanent. RuleCondition seems
useful enough to be upgraded to a regular built in function even if the
implemetations of Block and With etc. are changed.

Allan
Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK