Re: image 2-d Fouriertransform ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21902] Re: image 2-d Fouriertransform ?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 02:54:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the result of the 2d Fourier[] call is in the interval kx,ky \in
[0,2Pi].
"Important" are the kx,ky with small absolute values , but with the
periodic
condition in kx and ky. So every quadrant in your image is important
because
a ki near 2Pi will map to a small ki in the periodic repeated area. You
can
use

ShiftMatrix[m_?MatrixQ] :=
  RotateLeft[RotateLeft[#, Length[#]/2] & /@ m, Length[m]/2]

on your Fourier output. This shift the interval from ki \in [0,2Pi] to
ki \in [-Pi,Pi] and all what is close to the center (the origin) of the
image
is important.

Hope that helps
  Jens