Re: Importing Illustrator 8 EPS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21975] Re: Importing Illustrator 8 EPS
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:02:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I run into the same problem several weeks ago. It seems that Mathematica
call
an import program that generate a temporal file with the Mathematica 2d
primitives
like Line[], Point[] ..
Mathematica itself only read the temporal file with the primitives.
This temporal file is corrupted and miss some brackets. It seems that
the
import program crashes and Mathematica try to read the broken output
file.

You may look in your TEMP directory for the files generated by the
translator
and try to fix as much as possible. Finaly you can read the file with
Put[].

Hope that helps

  Jens