Mapping of mapping functions in metadefinitons

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21981] Mapping of mapping functions in metadefinitons
  • From: Roland Franzius <Roland.Franzius at uos.de>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:02:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I have a problem in using metafunctions defining groups of
other functions. Having a group f={f1,f2,f3} of vector
functions I may define the functor bs=
SetDelayed[#[a_vector,b_vector] , Inner[Times,a,b,#]]&  and
apply it as Map[bs,f]. To generate the function behaviour for
numbers and vectors like
f1[a_Integer,b_vector]:=Map[f1[a,#]&,b] I seek a possibilty to
use a functor  fs=SetDelayed[#[a_Integer,b_vector],
Map[Function[x,Times[a,x],b]]& to use it as Map[fs,f]. Any
suggestions using Through, Thread, Scan, Hold? Or have I togo
back  compiling string and execute them?

Thanks roland
--
Roland Franzius
Theor. Physik FB Physik, Univ. Osnabrueck

  +++ exactly <<n>> lines of this message have value <<FALSE>>
+++