ASCII Exportation of InterpolatingFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22015] ASCII Exportation of InterpolatingFunction
  • From: macsoft <macsoft at ctrlaltdel.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 02:26:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi again!

I have about the same problem as Udo (see thread "Saving plotted data as
ASCII text data")
I do an NSolve which gives me 4 beatiful InterpolatingFunction Objects (a[t],b[t],c[t],d[t]).
I now want to export them in ASCII, as single-column delimieted text
files containing them evaluated at some t, and another file for the t at
whch my interpolatingFunctions have been evaluated. Or even better, a
tab-separated table with each of them (columns t,a[t],b[t],c[t],d[t]).
(I want to import the data to another program).
I also would like to control the number of points evaluated in my
ASCII-arrays ,as well as the interval between two evaluations
My question is How?
I've tried
a=Evaluate[a[t]/.%]
Export["a.dat",a]
but it writes [InterpolatingFunction] in the dat file, and no values...

Some tips would be really appreciated!

macsoft