string + variable order

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22083] string + variable order
  • From: Naum Phleger <naum at cava.physics.ucsb.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 01:14:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

    I have a string, call it "m" and I want to write output that reads m=i
where i is a variable.  if, say i=5 I want to write m=5, but if I try to do
this by writing "m="i  Mathematica outputs 5a=  . How can I get around this.

    A more important question is does Mathematica 4.0 for macs have a bug in
it's help browser?  When I use the back button it doesn't go to the last
page but instead to a page about something related with a link to where I
was.  I'm I mis using it or is it just broken.

    Thanks for any help, I know some of my questions are probably seem to
basic for this site, but there things that have been bugging me for a long
time while using Mathematica and never figured out.
--

Naum Phleger

Gwinn Group:                    Naum's House:
University of California        6652 Sueno Apt #2
Santa Barbara, CA 93106         Isla Vista, CA 93117
Phone: (805) 893-8656           Phone: (805) 685-2525

naum at condor.physics.ucsb.edu