Re: LogLogPlot trouble

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22193] Re: LogLogPlot trouble
  • From: David Annetts <dannetts at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 01:24:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Nicola

> Hello,
> I've a very basic problem with the procedure
> LogLogPlot. The problem is that:
> I normally include the procedure with
>
> In[1]:=<<Graphics`Graphics`
>
> and this works fine. The problem is that I need
> to do a framed plot, so I type (for example):
>
> In[2]:=LogLogPlot[x^2,{x,0,5},Frame->True]
>
> So, Mathematica draws the plot and put the numbers
> on the axes (0.1, 0.01, 0.001 and so on, what is the
> "official" name?) both on the right and on the left,
> on the top and on the bottom. Now, this is a problem
> for me because I need a figure with these numbers
> also on the left and on the bottom (for publishing).
>
> There is some way to overwrite this behaviour of
> LogLogPlot, that is not the same of Plot (when
> "framed", Plot put numbers also where I would like
> them).

SetOptions[LogPlot, FrameTicks->{Automatic, Automatic, None, None}];

works for me.  From memory, the order is {Bottom, Left, Top, Right}.

"Automatic" can be substituted with
* LogScale for logarithmic ticks
* PiScale for ticks in multiples/divisors of Pi
* LinearScale for the obvious
or any other function you want.

Enjoy!

 David Annetts                                       _____________
 http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~dannetts/                |C R C A M E T|
 CRC for Australian Mineral                         |````` \      |
 Exploration Technologies                           |`````/$\     |
 Earth & Planetary Sciences                         |````/$$$\____|
 Macquarie University, NSW 2109                     |```/$$$/.....|
 AUSTRALIA                                          |``/$$$/......|
 phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366  -------------