Help needed: How to add constraints into FullSimplify

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22330] Help needed: How to add constraints into FullSimplify
  • From: iaz at cs.umd.edu (Ilya Zavorin)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:13:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi!

I am trying to simplify a complicated expression F[x1,x2,...] using
FullSimplify.  What I know is that the variables involved satisfy
certain conditions. For instance, I know that

	x1^2 + x5^2 + x7^2 = 1.

How can I supply this information into FullSimplify so that it
processes input further?

Thanks,

Ilya