- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21563] Filtered Backprojection
- From: pford at bcm.tmc.edu (Patrick V. Ford)
- Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 02:04:05 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tx
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to use Mathematica to create an educational demonstraion of the filtered backprojection algorithm, a technique used to create CT, SPECT and PET images. I attempted this many years ago, but the execution time was excruciatingly slow. Since then, I have forgotten most of whay I knew of Mathematica. The algorithm is easily written in IDL <http://www.rsinc.com/>, but is is not as convenient as Mathmatica for a multiplate demonstration, since it does not have the equivalent of a notebook or Mathreader. I am hoping to find an example of the backprojection algorithm using the Radon transform or Riemann sum (as per IDL) that I can modify for my needs. If you know where I can find one, please let me know a the e-mail below. Thanks. Patrick Ford, MD pford at bcm.tmc.edu I apologise if this posting appears more than once. I attempted to post this 2 days ago and I have yet to see it appear.