Re: Problem with evaluation of delayed rules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21581] Re: [mg21505] Problem with evaluation of delayed rules
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 02:04:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A small correction to my remarks below. The use of Unevaluated is a red
herring, one can omit it and get the same result. So it all amounts to using
Rule instead of RuleDelayed. If you find error messages disturbing you can
simply turn them off with: Off[Part::"pspec"]

Other than that it seems to me that the proposed solution is acceptable (?)