Partial Differential Equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21795] Partial Differential Equations
  • From: "Robert F. Scheyder" <scheyder at math.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:57:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I have a general question about solving PDE's using Mathematica.  Could
someone help me with some basic structures that can be used to solve
PDE's directly in Mathematica 4.0?   Since I am taking a PDE course this
semester, I thought that I could use Mathematica to check my manual
computations and also help me solve PDE's.

Any book recommendations that relate to these topics would also be
grreatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Robert Scheyder
--