Re: Why doesn't Log[ E^x ] = x ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24249] Re: Why doesn't Log[ E^x ] = x ?
- From: zhl67 at my-deja.com
- Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:22:11 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8jrdc2$e2t at smc.vnet.net>, "Christopher R. Carlen" <crcarle at sandia.gov> wrote: > Hi: > > E^Log[x] evaluates to x > > but > > Log[ E^x ] evaluates to Log[ E^x ] > > Why? > > Thanks. > > P.S. Mathematica 3.0 > > _______________________ > Christopher R. Carlen > Sr. Laser/Optical Tech. > Sandia National Labs > > Hi, Your problem might be better answered by asking another: Why not Log[Exp[x]] not equal to x=2 I Pi n (n integer)? Hope that'll be one of the reason (if not all). L Zhao Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.