Re: Why doesn't Log[ E^x ] = x ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24257] Re: Why doesn't Log[ E^x ] = x ?
- From: "Bill Bertram" <wkb at ansto.gov.au>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 23:10:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Christopher R. Carlen <crcarle at sandia.gov> wrote in message news:8jrdc2$e2t at smc.vnet.net... > Hi: > > E^Log[x] evaluates to x > > but > > Log[ E^x ] evaluates to Log[ E^x ] > > Why? > Same for Mathematica Version 4, except if you use "PowerExpand". PowerExpand[Log[Exp[x]]] -> x Cheers, Bill