?symbol and Context[symbol] Together even in Presence of Usage

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24433] ?symbol and Context[symbol] Together even in Presence of Usage
  • From: Adalbert Hanssen <hanssen at Zeiss.de>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:58:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, MathGroup,

?symbol prints the usage message for the given symbol If there
is no usage message, it displays the definition of the symbol.
In the latter case, it also displays the context of the symbol.
If the symbol has an usage message, however, the display
of the sombol's , context is not given.

I would prefer, if ?symbol always displays the symbol's context,
even if the symbol has an usage message. I am looking for a
way to overload the function ? (is it Information or is
Information equivalent to ??), such thatit always does the old
job plus show the symbol's context.

kind regards

Dipl.-Math. Adalbert Hanszen