Wrong plot size

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24464] Wrong plot size
  • From: Al.Koedl at gmx.net (Al Koedl)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:59:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Everybody,

When I give an absolute size as an option to the Plot command, i.e.,

Plot[x, {x,0,10}, ImageSize->6 72]

the size of the plot should be exactly 6 inches when printed. The ruler
shows the plot's size to be 6 inches but when I print it it comes out
much smaller (about 5 inches wide) on an HP Laserjet using Postscript.
This was done with Format>ScreenstyleEnvironment>Working. When I switch
to Format>ScreenstyleEnvironment>Printout the ruler shows the plot to be
about 4.75 inches wide. Scaling to 6 inches and printing again produces
the 6 inches plot.

So my question: Why has the ruler in the Working environment the wrong
scale? I use the default Style sheet, no options changed.

TIA
-- Al