Re: Equation of a "potato"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24484] Re: Equation of a "potato"
- From: mend0070 at garnet.tc.umn.edu (Philip C Mendelsohn)
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 01:21:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Kevin J. McCann (Kevin.McCann at jhuapl.edu) wrote: : I am doing some illustrations for class notes on vector calculus. I : would be nice to have some drawings for a "random" 3d shape, i.e. : something that is fairly rounded and regular like a potato, but not as : simple as a sphere. Any ideas for the an equation that would draw : something like this? What about making a ParametricPlot of a Sphere where the radius varies by a small random coefficient? I'll see if I can play with this when I get near the computer. Phil M -- Lottery: a tax on people who are bad at math