Re: checking for presence of files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24495] Re: checking for presence of files
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:01:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

you can search the $Path variable and some subdirectories.

The call below search for a file MGLWelcome.nb in all
directories in the

APathDirectory/MathGL3d/Documentation/English

Select[FileNames["*MGLWelcome.nb", Join[(ToFileName[
              {#, "MathGL3d", "Documentation",
                "English"}] & /@ $Path), $Path]], # =!= {} &]

and return a list of all matches. It is typical not wise
to search the full harddisk.

Regards
  Jens