Simlifying Sqrt[x^2] type args.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24548] Simlifying Sqrt[x^2] type args.
- From: Jaime Morales <jaimem at primenet.com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:04:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Primenet (602)416-7000
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I am curious if there is a way to do symbolics in mathematica where objects like Sqrt[k^2 r^2 Sin[theta]^2] are set to k r Sin[theta] .. I am doing a long calculation and objects as the above occur in many places, usualy as arguments to BesselJ functions, and it would be nice to have mathematica resolve these for me, it would even be nicer if it could be done globaly for all calculations withing the notbook. thanks, -Jaime jaime at rsm1.physics.uiuc.edu --