Simlifying Sqrt[x^2] type args.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24548] Simlifying Sqrt[x^2] type args.
  • From: Jaime Morales <jaimem at primenet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:04:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I am curious if there is a way to do symbolics in mathematica
where objects like

Sqrt[k^2 r^2 Sin[theta]^2]

are set to

k r Sin[theta]

..

I am doing a long calculation and objects as the above
occur in many places, usualy as arguments to BesselJ
functions, and it would be nice to have mathematica
resolve these for me, it would even be nicer if it could
be done globaly for all calculations withing the notbook.

thanks,

-Jaime
jaime at rsm1.physics.uiuc.edu