Re: Can Mathematica 4 do this?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24523] Re: Can Mathematica 4 do this?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:04:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, a) Mathematica 4.0 has one of the best equation solvers When Mathematica can't solve it other systems will fail as well. b) 40 min for 8 equations -- depends on the nonlinearity but 4-12 days (on a UltraSPARC) are possible even for 4 equations Regards Jens Hyun Go wrote: > > Hi all, > > I'm trying to solve a system of 8 equations with 8 > unknowns using Solve --by simply making them into a > system of simultaneous equation and let Solve run. > However, the calculation's been running for more than > 40 mins so far and I'm still waiting (I have set > $RecursionLimit = 2000).