Re: Simlifying Sqrt[x^2] type args.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24576] Re: Simlifying Sqrt[x^2] type args.
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:56:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, PowerExpand ? In:=Sqrt[k^2 r^2 Sin[theta]^2] // PowerExpand Out=k r Sin[theta] Regards Jens Jaime Morales wrote: > > Hello, > > I am curious if there is a way to do symbolics in mathematica > where objects like > > Sqrt[k^2 r^2 Sin[theta]^2] > > are set to > > k r Sin[theta] > > .. > > I am doing a long calculation and objects as the above > occur in many places, usualy as arguments to BesselJ > functions, and it would be nice to have mathematica > resolve these for me, it would even be nicer if it could > be done globaly for all calculations withing the notbook. > > thanks, > > -Jaime > jaime at rsm1.physics.uiuc.edu > > --