Re: Windows 9X or Linux?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24583] Re: Windows 9X or Linux?
- From: jeffrey s austin <w8jsa at exis.net>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:56:15 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Craig H. Anderson" wrote: > I plan to get Mathematica for Students. > We have Linux, Mac and Windows 98 at home, > but I would prefer the Linux version. > Will Mathematica on Linux run all the add-ons > that the Windows version will? Many packages > list windows and mac, but not Linx. > In particular I plan to get one or both of > 'Calculus Wiz' and 'Calc. and Math'. Will > these run on Linux? > > Thanks Craig, I'd be very interested in the answer also. Bentley (MicroStation CAD) sells MicroStation 95 for Linux but doesn't offer any packages to go with it. It's like buying a car without the seats. I run RH 6.2 and HP-UX 10.20 here at home, so I don't have a choice of windoze or a big mac. -- Jeffrey S Austin Civil Engineering Student Old Dominion University http://users.exis.net/~w8jsa/ce_links.htm