MathReader Linux help browser segfaults...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24628] MathReader Linux help browser segfaults...
  • From: root <root at swamp.medrgrp.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:24:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello people,
	I think I've found a (somewhat obscure) bug with MathReader under Linux.
I installed the program on my laptop to look at some material a colleague
generated, and although it works great in general, whenever I try to open the
Help Browser window it throws up a segmentation violation error and dies.
My laptop is a Toshiba Libretto 70CT, with a 640x480 display- the problem seems
to be related to the screen resolution.  When I switch the display to 800x600
(external monitor, or virtual scrolling display) the Help Browser works as it
should.  Is there any change to MathReader settings I can make to have it work
at 640x480?  MathReader is the recently released V4, and I'm using a current
Linux distribution (Caldera).

Dave Marsh
Systems Engineer
Medical Research Group, Inc.