interruptedWhile ADDENDUM

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24615] interruptedWhile ADDENDUM
  • From: Daniel Reeves <dreeves at eecs.umich.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:23:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well, it worked fine on small tests but I failed to notice that it would
run into $IterationLimit eventually.  Here's a better version:

SetAttributes[interruptedWhile, HoldRest];
interruptedWhile[interruptFreq_, interruptBody_, whileTest_, whileBody_]
:=
  While[
    TimeConstrained[
      While[whileTest, AbortProtect[whileBody]],
      interruptFreq];
    If[whileTest, Evaluate[interruptBody]; True, False]
  ]