Fwd: Thx for your help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23727] Fwd: [mg23712] Thx for your help
  • From: Genny Russo <gen.rus at tin.it>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I hope to help you.

1) In Mathematica, Abs[x] is left unevaluated if x is NOT a numeric
quantity; so Integrate[Abs[x],x] returns the original input.

2) I began to study Mathematica with a very good book. Its last edition is
entitled: "The Beginner's Guide to Mathematica Version 4", Jerry Glynn &
Theodore Gray, by Cambridge University Press.
A new book is also good: "The Student's Introduction to Mathematica", Bruce
F. Torrence & Eve A. Torrence, by Cambridge University Press.
However, you can visit the Mathematica Bookstore on the web at
<www.wolfram.com/guide/bookstore>.

Genny Russo