Re: Finding Front-End Options

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23804] Re: Finding Front-End Options
  • From: "Drago Ganic" <drago.ganic at in2.hr>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:00:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ted !!!

I discovered the same feature some time ago. The really important thing with this feature is that it is *not* case sensitive.

Unfortunately the "Complete Selection" [Ctrl-K] feature *is* case sensitive. For example when I
write "note" and hit Ctrl-K I don't get anything. That is maybe a good feature [build-in names begin with uppercase].
But when I write "Note", hit Ctrl+K I get quite a long list of built-in names. In this list I cannot find "NotebookPath". But  at the right bottom corner of the "Command Completion" window there is an arrow indicating there are more symbols. If I hit "p" I don't get anything. I *have* to hit "P" to get "NotebookPath" among other "NotebookP*" symbols.

In my opinion it would be nice that "Complete Selection" is not case sensitive _after_ the "Command Completition" window is popped up.

Greetings from Croatia,
Drago Ganic