Re: ContourPlot doesn't work properly?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23852] Re: ContourPlot doesn't work properly?
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:17:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I get the message

ContourGraphics::ctpnt:
    The contour is attempting to traverse a cell in which some of the
    points have not evaluated to numbers, and it will be dropped.

and an empty frame for both of your examples.Which is understandable because
Log[y] is complex when x<0 and not defined when x=0.
However

ContourPlot[Log[y]-x,{x,-10,10},{y,0.001,10},
PlotPoints->30,Contours->{0},ContourShading->False]

works shows a curve.

Allan
Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting