Fonts & Printing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23942] Fonts & Printing
  • From: Roger Jones <rmj at slac.stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:57:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When printing the brackets fonts () and [] are not printed on an HP
Laserjet
postscript printer (unless I set FormatType->OutputForm).  This
is some font incompatibility problem with MS windows fonts
and thus I wonder if it is possible to fix this problem by copying over
the mathematica fonts to the windows font directory?

Another solution I found was to open up the EPSTIFF files I generated
with mathematica and save them with Adobe Photoshop as EPS files
(this appears to force all font to be saved with the image).   Is there
a method
to force Mathematica to save the fonts also?

Yet another solution would be to download the fonts to the printer but
as the printer
is a network printer then this turns out to be not a convenient
solution.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated,

-Roger Jones