Resources for high school student?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23990] Resources for high school student?
  • From: "Craig H. Anderson" <craigha at home.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:45:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greetings,
My son will be in 10th grade this fall.  He will be
taking physics and trig/geometry.  He is interested
in astrophysics.  We are considering getting
Mathematica student edition.  The teachers we
have talked to make use of TI calculators, but
not Mathematica.  What resources can you
recommend in making the decision to get
Mathematica, and in helping my son with
Mathematica skills if we purchase it?

Thanks