Plot List 3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24086] Plot List 3D
  • From: Arnaud Delhay <adelhay at club-internet.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:26:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot to persons who helped me. And sorry for the delay but I had
to try all possibilities.
I attached the Paul Hinton's answer, that best suits my demand.
My problem was that my data incompletely describe the plan (x,y), i.e., I just had a
set of points concentrated around a curve in the plan.
First I complete the plan with other point with z=0, where there were no points before.
Then I used TriangularSurfacePlot3D on these
points.  The commands I used are attached.

Thank you again

    Arnaud

*********** My commands *************
SetDirectory["c:/Import/timerdos"]
t1=ReadList["pp1.dat", Number, RecordLists->True];tinit=t1;  %% the input file contains
only couples of (x,y) %%

%% a list of (x,y, 0) is generated %%
t2={};i=0;While[i<=0.08,
    j=0;
    While[j<=1.1,
        t2=Append[t2,{i,j,0}];
        j=j+0.05
     ];
     i=i+0.005
]

%% add to the previous list a set of (x,y,z), with (x,y) from input list and z the
number of occurence in this list of (x,y) %%
While[t1!={},
    Elt=First[t1];
     t3=Append[Elt,0];
     If[MemberQ[t2,t3],
          Delete[t2,Position[t2,t3]]
     ];
     t2=Append[t2,Append[Elt,Count[t1,Elt]]];
     t1=Delete[t1,Position[t1,Elt]]
    ]

<<DiscreteMath`ComputationalGeometry`
<<Graphics`Graphics3D`
graph=TriangularSurfacePlot[t2];
Show[graph, Axes -> True, BoxRatios->{1,1,0.5}]