RE: Plots with Variable Limits?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24141] RE: [mg24100] Plots with Variable Limits?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:11:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A.E.,

Changing plot parameters and reevaluating is a common operation. I find a
convenient method is to use a compound statement where the plot parameters
are defined first. So I would do your case like this:

f[x_, a_] := a x^2

a0 = 4;
Plot[f[x, a0], {x, -2a0, 2a0}];

Then, just change the a0 value and reevaluate. This is also a way to
implement zooming.

a0 = 4;
x0 = 1;
delta = 0.5;
Plot[f[x, a0], {x, x0 - delta, x0 + delta}];

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net