Re: Mathematica and Acrobat Distiller

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22446] Re: Mathematica and Acrobat Distiller
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 02:26:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the problem is that the fonts must be enbedded into the pdf-file.
Acrobat uses the system fonts on you local machine but does not
include (and reencode) the fonts in the pdf document.

Math* fonts have a strange copyright notice that prevent the inclusion
of the fonts into pdf.

My personal solution is to print on a Unix box into a PostScript file
(with included Mathematica Type1 fonts) and convert the PostScript
output with
Acrobat.

Please notice that the WRI copyright on the fonts does not allow
the plain font inclusion into public documents. You may force
a reencoding to have only some glyphs in the document and not the
full fonts.

Hope that helps
  Jens