Trouble with backspace under Linux/i386

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22501] Trouble with backspace under Linux/i386
  • From: Laurent Jacques <ljacques at fyma.ucl.ac.be>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 02:27:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all,

I'm new user of Mathematica 4.0 and I try to install a trial version on
a Linux network (for others users).
Unfortunately, I have the following troubles.

Apparently, the correct fonts are loaded (Type1 and X) but sometimes the
backspace key doesn't respond.
Instead of a backspacing it's just a spacing.
In addition, when this doesn't work, it is impossible to select with the
mouse one line of the notebook.
(instead, all lines are selected). In fact, I think that all works as if
the shift key was pressed during all operations but this is not the
case.

What's wrong ? Is it another option of 'xset' to configure ? Another
fonts to load ? Some Mathematica options to select ?

In advance, thank you very much.

Laurent.

--
Laurent JACQUES (Doctorant F.R.I.A.)                      Office: b230
Institut de Physique Th=E9orique                    Tel: +32.10.47.32.36
2, chemin du Cyclotron                  mailto:ljacques at fyma.ucl.ac.be
B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve Belgium    http://www.fyma.ucl.ac.be/~ljacques