Antipodal Maps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22492] Antipodal Maps
  • From: Hans Havermann <haver at total.net>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:22:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Someone suggested to me yesterday that the antipodal map of New Zealand
corresponded roughly with Italy. After referencing an atlas, I thought it
would be closer to Spain.

Miscellaneous`WorldPlot` contains most of the data to do this sort of thing
graphically. Anybody want to have a go at this? Create an antipodal New
Zealand and superimpose it on the relevant part of Europe involved. Show
the intersection of the antipodal New Zealand with any European countries
in a different color.