Re: Digitizing points in a graphic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22471] Re: Digitizing points in a graphic
  • From: adam_smith at my-deja.com
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:22:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Previously, several people have mentioned holding down the "Control"
key to select points on the plot and using "Copy" to get the point as a
{x,y} number pair.

Someone might read a statement like: "If you click off a series of
points, then Copy will give you a list of the points." as meaning that
the points which lie along the graph are selected.  This is not the
case, the copy command simply grabs whatever (x,y) coordinates
correspond to the mouse pointer's position within the plot region -
They are not necessarily points that lie along the graph.

Adam Smith