Re: Mathematica 4.0.1 and Linux: Problems?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22704] Re: Mathematica 4.0.1 and Linux: Problems?
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at cpkwebser5.ncr.disa.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:28:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jim,

This looks like a false alarm.  I looked more closely at my Linux box and found it
was not using all of its memory.  I've been using Linux for two years and have
never run into that before.  I was not looking closely at the indications.  The
admin tool I was using was reporting the swap space at 0%, but when I looked with
another tool there was a finite amount being used.  The animation works great now,
even with a few servers and etc. running on the box.

And the sucker generates graphics FAST!!!!!

Thanks,

Steve