Re: Mathematica 4.0 electronic book

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22739] Re: Mathematica 4.0 electronic book
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 03:27:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8b9mc7$959 at smc.vnet.net>,
 neetoburrito at my-deja.com writes:

> Anyone know where to locate a compressed archive of the Mathematica 4.0
> electronic book? I would like to put it in my help directory. I
> realize that the book is available online in html format, but i would
> like to use it without being online.

If you did a standard install of Mathematica 4 on your system, the
entire contents of _The Mathematica Book_ should be installed
as part of the Online Help.  There is no need to download an HTML
version of the book.

To open the Help Browser so that it displays the book's contents,
click on the front end menu command sequence

Help -> Mathematica Book...

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com