Status Area Amendment?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22792] Status Area Amendment?
  • From: James Fuite and Tania Nordli <jfuite at UAlberta.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:58:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Advanced Mathematica Users,

    I have a notebook that contains large button palettes and I like the

buttons to have explanatory button notes.  I have noticed that under
Option Inspector:Notebook Options:Window Properties:Window Elements
there is a list that includes "Status Area", a location where any button

notes are displayed, and "Horizontal Scroll Bar".  My question is, what
determines the relative size of these two objects along the bottom of a
notebook window?  I desire a larger Status Area than the default
provided to display larger button notes without removing the Horizontal
Scroll Bar.  How can this be done?  I use Mathematica 3.0 in MacOS 8.1.

                Sincerely,
                James J. Fuite.